Crystal Lake.. there's not much to say, really. If you're looking to play an average course for an average price with no nonsense, go here. If you want to get out for a round to practice your game, do it here. If you want to shoot your best round ever from the tips, this is your track. You won't be disappointed but you won't be shitting yourself either.
Crystal Lake is a not-so-hidden gem situated in Lakeville. It's hidden in that it's a pain in the ass to get to, but it's not-so-hidden in that they have foursomes teeing off from 6am until 8pm. It's a no-nonsense, hit the ball and move along type of course. There's no great scenery, there's not much thought that goes into playing the holes, and you're not going to spend your evening reflecting on how awesome your time at Crystal Lake was. That said, it's a fair round of golf. Spray your teeshot and you're going to be in your pocket. Hit a good putt and it'll go in.
Layout.. The par 5s are short and reachable even from the tips which only play 6300 yards. The par 3s are all pretty short - the longest being the 168-yard 12th, which can be lengthened to 200 if they put the tee on the furthest box. #2 is 180 on the card, but I've never seen it all the way back there and it's very downhill. The par 4s are fair but somewhat challenging. Like I said earlier, miss the fairway by too much and you're in the shit.
As far as course condition goes, CLCC is surprisingly very good. The teeboxes are fairly torn up, but the fairways and rough are nice and the greens are VERY good. Whenever I come out here for a round, my first putt on the first 4 greens are always at least 5 feet past because I simply don't expect a $50-with-cart course to have greens that are this flawless and slippery.
Notable holes:
- Wait.. there aren't any. Ignore this section.
I guess that's about all I have to say about this joint. If your 30-hdcp buddy wants to get a round in at a "nice" course, take him here. Keep his ass off the REAL nice shit in the SW metro.
No comments:
Post a Comment